COMMON AIR CONDITIONING CHALLENGESSeptember 27, 2013
DUCT CLEANING – WHO NEEDS IT?September 27, 2013
CLEAN UP AND FIX UP YOUR HOME FOR FALL IN ARIZONA
It’s the time of year that the beautiful, cooler Arizona weather is arriving and the ways we stay comfortable in our homes change. What are some of the things you can to do prepare your home for the fall season?
- Inspect Fire and Carbon Monoxide Alarms: Going into fall, it is a good idea to check all your fire and carbon monoxide alarms. Change the batteries every fall (and every spring) – it’s a great way to remember this small but important task so you and your family will always be protected in your home.
- Change Filters: Change your filter before using your heat the first time. Your filters should be inspected and changed regularly (monthly is best) in order to help your HVAC system operate most efficiently. This saves money on energy bills and protects against allergens that have gathered in your system during the hot and humid summer months.
- Caulking and Weather-stripping: Seal your home for energy leaks by caulking windows and weather-stripping doors, as necessary. This is a great way to save money by eliminating wasted energy.
- Prepare the Fireplace: If you have a wood-burning fireplace, get it ready for frequent fall and winter use. Clean out any ashes that may be in the fireplace now and check the flue to be sure it is operating properly.
- Schedule Regular AC Maintenance Visits: Fall is the perfect time to have your first maintenance check-up for your HVAC system, to make sure all is running properly. Then you can do a second check-up 6 months later, in the spring. It’s easy to remember and you can schedule it at the same time you inspect your fire and carbon monoxide alarms.
Enjoy the cooler temperatures. It’s why we live here!