We love Arizona and part of living here we experience two seasons, STUNNING in fall/winter and HOT in spring/summer. Since we are in the middle of summer and monsoon season we want to address some of the key areas for preparing before a storm and tidying up after. Hope this helps you keep your home running smoothly, and safely.
PREPARE BEFORE A STORM:
- Home Assessment – check all around your home from the roof to trees, pool, AC system, doors and windows to be sure everything is in good working order before summer storms appear.
- Seasonal Tree Trimming – Check and trim trees around your home to reduce danger of them blowing onto your property and causing damage to home and vehicles.
- Whole-House Surge Protector – you might want to invest in a whole-house surge protector for your home. It helps protect major appliances, AC units, TVs and other electrical items from electrical surges from thunderstorms.
- AC System Service – Be sure to have regular maintenance service on your AC system prior to storm season, to help keep it operating at peak performance. Change air filter and check for duct leaks.
- Doors and Windows – Keep doors and windows completely closed during a storm.
- Use Reputable Licensed Contractors – Know your contractors and call them as needed for your AC System, roof, pool and more. Call Sunrise Mechanical, your trusted AC contractor 623-583-7879.
TIDY UP AFTER THE STORM:
- Clean Up After a Storm – Clean up and remove all debris from around the house, pool and AC unit. Check the trees for any cracking and broken limbs.
- Inspect the Roof – Check your roof for damage after a major storm. Look for cracks, holes and missing tiles/shingles. Have any damage repaired quickly.
- Clean Pool System – Clean filters and make sure the system is clear and functioning properly
- AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM:
– Rinse the outside AC unit gently with a garden hose.
– Change your air filter 1-2 times per month, depending on severity of the storms.
– Check to be sure the AC system is operating properly.
– Have your condensate line cleared as needed.
– Check the duct system and decide if it needs a good duct cleaning or needs to have leaks repaired. Air quality is important in any home, especially where allergies and asthma exist.
Enjoy the rest of the summer!